- What is the rental fee and what does it include?
You can see details of our available wedding packages and current pricing here.
- What is the venue capacity?
Our Pavilion is 2,300 sq. ft. The maximum capacity is 200, however is best suited for events of 150 guests or less to allow for more “elbow room.”
- What dates are available?
Available dates can be found here.
- Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? Do you offer a payment plan?
The non-refundable deposit is 25% of the grand total. The balance is due 3 weeks before your event. We are happy to set up a payment plan after the initial non-refundable deposit.
- How do I reserve a date?
Your date is reserved once you sign the rental agreement & pay the non-refundable deposit.
- Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?
Tours are by appointment only. Please contact us to schedule.
- Are there required vendors?
You are welcome to use the vendors of your choice, however we can provide a vendor suggestion list for your convenience. All bartenders must be licensed.
- Will there be another wedding the same day?
We only host 1 wedding/event per day at The Ivey House.
- Are there overnight accommodations nearby?
Overnight accommodation recommendations are included on our vendor suggestion list.
- How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?
The parking areas can accommodate approximately 65 cars.
- What equipment is available for use at The Ivey House?
You can view our current list of available equipment here.
- Do you provide table linens, cups, silverware, etc?
Linens are included in wedding rentals only. We do not provide cups, silverware, etc.
- What happens in case of rain?
In the event of rain, ceremonies planned for the outdoor ceremony area are moved into the Pavilion.
- We plan to have our ceremony offsite, or only plan to have our ceremony at The Ivey House. Does your fee change?
No, our rental options are the same no matter what wedding activities are held at the venue.
- Do you allow dogs onsite to play a part in our wedding day?
Dogs are allowed with prior approval we just ask that they are kept on a leash and you clean up after your dog.
- What form of payment does The Ivey House accept?
We accept credit/debit card, check or cash as payment methods.
- Where can I find pictures of the décor available?
We have a dropbox album of photos of all of the décor available for your use. This can be sent to you upon request before booking or automatically sent to you once you book your wedding.
- Do you include a wedding day coordinator?
You may add a day-of coordinator to your option for $795.
- When is the next open house?
Monthly open houses are held on the first Monday of the month from 5-7pm unless it is a holiday and then they are held the second Monday. From time to time, an event is scheduled and the open house date will be changed. We will post these date changes on our social media pages.
- Is there access to power at the venue?
There is access to power in the Pavilion, on the deck and in the house. There is NO POWER at the outdoor ceremony area. You may utilize our wireless Bluetooth speaker or your DJ should have equipment that can accommodate this type of environment (make sure to let them know this in advance!)
- What time do you suggest we start the ceremony?
It is your choice as to what time your ceremony will start. In the warmer months, we suggest an evening ceremony start time (After 5pm) while in the cooler months, it is perfectly acceptable to have an earlier ceremony, especially if it gets dark out earlier.
- How will the tables, chairs, etc. be arranged for my sized event?
Prior to your event, you will receive a form to fill out that will give us all the details about your setup. We will set it up leave the linens you requested out for you!
- If we choose the daily option, will we be able to access the location early to rehearse our ceremony?
You are allowed 1 hour on property the week of your wedding for your rehearsal. This is scheduled 90 days from the date of your wedding and is based on the venue’s schedule/availability. You may pay for additional time beyond your 1 hour if you would like to have your rehearsal dinner on site (again, this is based on venue availability).
- Can we have fireworks on the property?
No fireworks are allowed on the property (sparklers are permitted with advanced approval).
- Can vehicles be left overnight?
Generally, vehicles are not allowed to left overnight. However, we do know that there are situations that may arise in which this may be necessary. We take these on a case by case basis. Any vehicle left overnight must be moved by 9am the following morning – no exceptions.
- What time does the music need to end?
Blount county noise ordinances require that amplified music must end by 10pm.
- We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?
We try our best to accommodate rental drop-offs in advance of your event however we can only do so if it doesn’t interfere with another event being held. Each of these cases will be handled on an individual basis.
- Are candles allowed?
Candles are allowed however they must be in an enclosed container/holder. The only exception to this are taper candles – they can be utilized but you must place wax paper under the holder to keep wax from damaging table linens (you will be charged a replacement fee if wax ends up on any linens).
- Are confetti or silk flower petals allowed at the venue?
Confetti and silk flower petals are not allowed in the outside areas of the venue (they are not safe for animals or the environment and do not disintegrate) In the event that they are used in any indoor space, you are responsible for cleaning them up after your event.
- Is it possible to seat 9 to a table?
Our tables are 5ft. round and comfortably seat 8 guests. You may choose to have 9 chairs per table but this does reduce the “elbow room” for each guest.
- How far in advance do you need our final headcount?
We will ask for an estimated guest count when you book your wedding. For planning purposes, we require a final head count 2 weeks prior to your wedding date.
- Are we allowed to have alcohol at our event?
Alcohol is only permitted with a licensed & insured bartender. This includes events only serving beer & wine. Any and all alcohol must be served by a licensed & insured professional bartender – no exceptions.
- How do I obtain a marriage license?
All of the information needed to obtain a marriage license in Tennessee can be found here:
- Are outside snacks and trays permitted?
You may absolutely bring in outside snacks & trays. We can also provide these for you at an additional cost. Please inquire if you are interested in order day-of wedding food through the venue.
- Can we nail decorations to the walls or hang things like streamers or lanterns from the beams?
Per our rental agreement, no nails, tacks, etc. are permitted in the pavilion or house. You may use command hooks or any other adhesive hook that will not cause damage to our property.
- What is the event clean-up process?
See our after-event instructions here.